[Crossposted to pretty much every social media I am involved in.]
Sad days here in Bellingham/Ferndale. I lost two of my students and two others are in the hospital in critical condition–a senseless accident. Please, hug your kids, your friends, your parents. Tell them you love them.
I’m doing okay. Being able to share my grief with all my communities has helped and the outreach has been amazing. If you want to help out some people who need it, here are some links to ways to help.
- Help defray Michael “Andy” Brewster’s medical costs
- Help defray Kole Randall’s medical costs
- Gabe Anderson’s grandmother suggests donating to homeless in honor of Gabe who always asked her to do so.
- Shane Ormiston loved books, especially thrillers and dystopian YA. Donate to a school library. If you want to donate to Windward’s Library, please bring books by the office this week.
- Someone in the ferndale community is working on starting a Scholarship fund in memoriam for Gabe and Shane.
- Grief Support Available Through Next Week
- Compilation of Ways to Donate to Victims & Families
- Haggen Accepting Donations to Support Victims & Families
If you’re local, feel free to come to the candlelight vigil on the Ferndale Riverwalk tonight at 9pm.
Windward High School will be open all next week for students to come hang out, play basketball/frisbee or even finish up coursework if they need to.
If you need something to trigger some catharsis, you might listen to our graduation song here. rehearsed in one day, Calling Our Children Home.